Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Update from the road

Day one. 7:25 PM. I'm 40 miles outside of Childress, TX. Should have enough gas to get there but I hope there's gas in the little town 6 miles from here. I have about an hour and 45 minutes left on day one's drive.

These are some long straight roads. The rise in elevation is constant. (I imagine I'm around 2700-3000 feet above sea level and am needing my ears to pop!

The sun's just gone down behind the ridge to my left so no more squinting for now.

There's a beautiful nearly full moon to my right. After 6 1/2 hours in the car it will be good to stretch my legs.

Yikes! Gas is $2.75 a gallon ($2.49 in San Antonio!). Oh well, it's better to pay now than chance running out!

Thankfully I'm getting a weak signal out of Lubbuck to hear Mark Levin. I love his rants!

No comments: