Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Amarillo By Morning

What a day. Packing, packing, packing. What to take? What won't fit? What can I live without?

It felt like 120% humidity. Is that possible? There were so many boxes and bags. Take them down 2 flights of stairs. Put them in the car. Take them out and re-arrange them. Cram each nook and empty space.

The goal was to leave by 9 AM. That came and went. New goal: 10 AM. Nope not a chance. How about 11 AM? Fat chance. Noon! Dream on! Finally 1 PM and the car is stuffed to the gills. Everything I hoped to bring fit! It's the Packing Day Miracle!

Now to get the keys to my dear friend Jennifer. She's my angel who's helping to get the last few items to their new owners. Thanks Jen!

Of course it's raining! Now to begin the 8 hour journey to Clarendon to see my sister Eddi!

1 comment:

Bridget said...

We are going to miss you, Gary. Be safe while traveling. :)